True wealth is the ability to fully experience life. – Henry David Thoreau
I took this photo 10 minutes ago. It’s ten minutes past 6am and the sky burned with the light of a new dawn for a few minutes. A few minutes were all it took for me to put things in perspective in my life. From the point of view of a person full of gratitude for..
- Being able to see the sun rise and admire the sunsets.
- To be able to hear a bird or two sing as they welcome the dawn or the sound of churchbells welcoming people for the morning mass.
- To be alive.
- To be able to feel the cool breeze of the December air on my skin.
- To be able to have a home strong enough to withstand the typhoons and high enough to avoid the floods.
- That I am not fearing for my life or the lives of those I love today.
- That I actually have clothes to wear, a job I love, a son I am proud of and pets that drive me nuts.
- To be able to get stressed and worry about the clothes I will wear, the job that I love and my son that drives me nuts.
- To be able to live in a country that respects women.
- To be able to write and read!