A former boss taught me this recipe. My son loved it as much as I did, so now it’s one of those dishes that we cook at home when we want to feel good about life.
1/2 kilo chicken
1 1/2 cups honey
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. chopped kinchay [Chinese celery]
Roasted sesame seeds
1. Fry your chicken – just don’t overcook it. Some people deep fry it, some don’t. Everybody has their way of doing this – just do not over cook your chicken or else it will be hard. Set aside and drain.
2. On a separate pan, saute garlic in oil over low fire.
3. Add kinchay, mix then add honey.
4. Once it simmers and bubbles, add the chicken. Mix till everything’s evenly coated. Let it simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Serve over steaming hot rice.
When you don’t have honey, you can use sugar. Half cup sugar to one cup water.
You can lightly coat your chicken with flour if you want it tender and juicy on the inside.
You can roast the sesame seeds then add it to the chicken, while coating everything with the sauce.